Saturday 8 November 2014

Two teddies or one that is the most important question

So far I haven't done anything for the skills category of the Voyage Award but that is about to change.  My Rainbow units have never done a sleepover so I've taken the big step of deciding to work towards an Overnight Licence. This is part of the Girlguiding Camp and Holiday Scheme and lets me run overnight events for my Rainbow unit.

I've already helped on a couple of sleepovers with other Rainbows units so have an idea of what is expected but its still a big leap to have the responsibility of it all. But the time is right, I have a fantastic team in the unit who will all help me and plenty of people who I can call on for advice when I panic (and I will).

I've picked a date in January, I've booked a venue and decided on the theme now all I need is the Rainbows to say yes.

This week I talked to the Rainbows about it and they were, shall I say, slightly excited. Amongst all the chatter were questions:

Can I bring 2 teddies?
What are we going to sleep on?
Are we sleeping here in our hall?
Do I get a badge?

As this is my first sleepover and I wanted to have the girls really excited about it that they would persuade their parents to say yes you can go I picked the theme of "Frozen". For those (and there must be some out there) who don't know this is the most popular Disney film of this year.  But I still wanted the girls to be part of the planning of the sleepover so  I asked them what they wanted to do on the sleepover.....funny no-one said sleep but they did say games, make something and eat. Think we'll be able to do all that.

I'm now waiting to find out if any Rainbows are going to come. Now that I've built myself up to do it I don't want to have to put it off, fingers crossed.




No comments:

Post a Comment