Saturday 14 March 2015

Me, Dancing Queen and Comic Relief

I started the first stage of my Silver Voyage award by taking part in the Comic Relief Danceathon.

Girlguiding and Comic Relief had set the challenge of raising money for Comic Relief by being sponsored to dance for 6 hours. I helped to organise an event and we asked units to come for 2 hours at a time with the goal being that as a Division we would have someone dancing in the room for the 6 hours which was the Comic Relief Challenge.

My Rainbows started at midday, they went home at 2 o'clock but I decided to stay.

At 4 o'clock when it was just me and the DJ there was no question it had to be Dancing Queen that I requested. With the whole floor to myself and my favourite song how could I not dance.

For 6 hours I didn't sit down (except for the loo breaks) but moved with varying degrees of energy.


I think my legs have now recovered  (just) but it was worth it.  I'm proud to be part of  our fantastic Benton Division where each person from the smallest Rainbow to the Adults all contributed in their own way to help raise over £1,000 for Comic Relief and the money is still coming in. Its good when we all do our little bit and it adds up to make a difference.




We have a page set up for sponsors if anybody would like to contribute  click here for the Giving page of Benton Division Danceathon and to those who already have, thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment